Saturday, July 2, 2011

Non-Spoiler review of Transformers 3.

First let me say that the theater we saw the movie we saw it at was awesome. It was the brand new EMAGINE theater in Royal Oak. Not only is it a theater, but it also has a Star Lanes bowling alley in it. Very cool.
Now to the movie.
I was not impressed with the second Transformers movie, and was not expecting much for the third. This one blew the first and second movie away in my opinion. It had a great story, good characterization even with the robots which is no easy feat. The stories stakes were definitely kicked up a notch for this installment. I thought the story concept was really good. One thing you can take out of this movie is Optimus Prime is bad-ass. Great fight scenes with him involved.
As for the actors in the movie, while Rosie Huntington-Whitely is a beautiful girl she did not do much through the movie except look good which I guess is her job. Shia LeBeouf plays his usual neurotic self in the movie. One of my favorite characters was Alan Tudyk's character. You may know him as Wash from Firefly. If not you really need to watch that series. There were some odd scenes with John Malkovitch. But then again he is John Malkovitch. Another pleasant surprise was Ken Jeong as a very strange scientist. It was also good to see McDreamy Patrick Dempsey get taken out in the movie.
Could the movie have been shorter? Yes, but it did not feel long. I did not really get to a point where I thought the movie was really dragging. Great action and visuals held my attention throughout. I thought the 3D effects were used really well. All in all this was my favorite movie of the summer so far. I am sure the final installment of Harry Potter will give it a run for its money, but I thought it was an entertaining movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment