Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Music Review

I have done a review on comics and movies. Now for my third love, music. I first became aware of Amanda White through a mutual friend on Twitter. One of the first tweets I saw was that she had a CD for sale. I went to the site and checked her bio. I was not sure what to expect from a classically trained opera singer singer singing rock. She pulls it off well. She has voice and swagger that would stand up to any frontgirl or frontman, for that matter. She has the voice of an angel and the mouth of a trucker. A couple of my favorite songs are the opening Midnight Bride, and 'Kay. Midnight Bride comes out rocking and ends with Amanada doing double duty as leading and backing vocals. It really showcases how diverse her voice is. She can go from rocking leads to soaring soprano on the backing vocals on the backing vocals. 'Kay has a tempo that reminds me of Phantom of the opera with a great guitar solo. This is probably a nod to her Andew Lloy Webber influences. All in all a solid CD. She did a great job with the budget she had. Looking forward to hearing what she can come up with using an actual budget.
You can listen to and buy the CD here http://amandawhite.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment