Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm not worthy!

I have been trying to associate with some people that have much more cred than I do, as far as writing and getting published. They are a tough nut to crack. This is my first foray of dealing with people with a heck of a lot more noteriety than I have. I decided to come up wish some ground rules that people should follow to keep from slitting their wrists.
One: Don't take things personally. The peopleyou are tweeting to have hundreds if not thousands of followers tweeting at them. Not to mention jobs so if they don't answer your tweet just remember you are not the only one.
Two: Be respectful. These are real people with real feelings, and if you want to get an interview from them or a retweet, be respectful. Critism is ok, but be constructive. Don't put out a tweet saying F you! so and so and respect something but an F You! in return.
Three: Contribute to the conversation. Know what you are talking about and people will take you more seriously.
Four: Keep trying. If at first you don't succeed keep trying. If it is an interview be respectful and ask the person if they would possibly have time to answer some questions.
Last and most important. Have fun with what you are doing. Be passionate, people will respect you for it. I have met some really cool people and hope to keep forging relationships, not just because I want to be associated with someone famous but because I appreciate what they do and want them to know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment