Monday, August 15, 2011

If a joke falls flat in Twitter world will anyone hear it?


I have a love\hate relationship with Twitter right now. I need to keep my mantra of not taking things personally, and trying not to let my awkward self out so much. Sometimes I look at my timeline and think the joke is way over my head and that everyone is friends with each other but me. I guess that is what happens when I decide to follow people that all know each other and work in the same industry. It is a tough nut to crack. For the most part people are really nice about responding to a Tweet. So people are really great. I mean they don't know me. They probably have never heard of this blog. I mean I really don't have a whole lot to offer people. I don't have a million followers so I can't help promote things. I don't work in the industry. The writing that I do is a hobby and not a job. I am not a professional. So if I come off sounding awkward sometimes I apologize. Sometimes my inner geek comes out too much.

     I do want to thank Jessica Mills of Awkward Embraces. You can find her on Twitter at Geekyjessica. She is so gracious to her fans and is also hysterical. Another really gracious person is Blake Northcott. You can find her on Twitter as ComicBookGrrl. She wrote the excellent e-book Vs. Reality, which I have reviewed on here. Another talented person that I have interacted with is Amanda White. I reviewed her Toyshop CD on this site also. You can find her on Twitter at amandawhite. All are great and talented folks who inspire me to do write. So for that I thank you guys, and anything I can do for you guys let me know.  

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, I often go through the same feeling. Is thing Twitter Thing on? I have days too, where I think everyone must hate me or something. And then I have to shake myself out of it. So don't worry, you're not alone when you get to feeling like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I had that as one of my golden rules when I started dealing with famous or semi-famous people. The problem with Twitter is I don't know a lot of folks on there in real life. So that is why I post to FB also where my friends and family are. LOL. I will go there if I need my ego stoked.

    ReplyDelete